Back to Basics

Leave a Comment
Dress: Urban Outfitters
Necklace: Urban Outfitters
Summer fashion doesn't have to be all about prints and bold colours. Simple little pieces can work really well too. It's so easy to get lost in trends - which print is in right now? What colour can I wear with it? Is the outfit right for the season? The questions are endless. Sometimes it's easier to just give up and wear a slab of plain grey cotton with arm holes.

And it doesn't look half as bad as it sounds! Shapeless dresses are actually not that unflattering. I've avoided them like the plague for years, thinking that, because I am short, they will inevitably drown me in a sea of fabric. But with a good chunky heel, it really works. And the simplicity works too - really easy to accessorise and achieves a sort of 'effortlessly cool' feel.

It's what I like to call the 'sack' dress - utterly shapeless. Which, I admit, sounds pretty negative...but all it means is that it's casual, perfect for summer day wear.

It doesn't necessarily have to be a dress, simplicity is easily achieved through jeans a plain T, or a neutral coloured skirt and top. For me, less is always more - I'd rather an outfit be under-done rather than overdone. But maybe I'm just playing it safe...
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PREMIUM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig