Big Hat or Tiny Person?

Leave a Comment

I really love hats, of all kinds, and I am loving that they're everywhere at the moment. Particularly, I love the big floppy hats that are all over the high street shops, and are not always made out of straw, as you'd expect with typical summer beach fashion...

These ones are far more chic. Vogue recently published a list of 22 hats to end  bad hair days forever, whilst remaining  stylish and sophisticated, and the classic big floppy hat - for want of a better name  -was a prominent feature. At the  moment, Topshop are doing some really nice styles for around £25, whilst ASOS also has a wide selection for around £15 - £20.
Hat by Topshop

Hat by ASOS

The only issue I have with this hat trend is that I'm tiny, and I'm not completely sure whether I can pull them off proportionally...plus I do worry that they make me look a little pirate-y...but I'm going to assume that's just me being paranoid! Hats work with all kinds of styles, from bohemian to preppy, and from vintage to entirely modern. They are incredibly versatile.

Vogue has said in the past that hats increase femininity - they change the way we move. We turn slowly, look sideways and pretend to ignore everything around us, giving women everywhere an air of complete and utter confidence. Though, honestly, I think it's more likely that these women are trying to prevent their hat from blowing off in the British winds...it's always a tricky procedure






SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PREMIUM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig