A Field Day with Hannah Dorman

Leave a Comment

Boyfriend Coat: TopShop
Backpack: New Look
Boots: New Look
Jumper: TopShop
Sleeveless Jumper: Miss Selfridge

Shorts: TopShop
Sweater: TopShop
Say hi to Hannah Dorman! The gorgeous gal who's upcoming single 'Take Control' has been 'Track of the Day' for BBC Radio Surrey and Sussex. And with her single launch in October, the Guildford based singer/songwriter is going from strength to strength. 

It was great to have a whole day dedicated to trying out different looks and seeing which ones worked best. We ended up settling on three looks: a timeless monochrome, a 'transitional' piece and something a little more sporty. My fave was the monochrome, It's a consistent classic, and Hannah makes it look effortless and stylish. "I feel like an art student", she says, as I make her 'candidly' walk through the field for the hundredth time, but that's no bad thing. I hear those guys are meant to be pretty cool. The TopShop jumper is perfect for winter (it's coming guys, we can't avoid it forever). It's simple without being boring, and, like every other piece of upper body clothing at the moment, has that staple high neck detail which is both flattering and necessary - we're British, and it's cold. 

By 'transitional' piece, I mean something to wear when the weather can't make it's mind up. It might be sunny, but absolutely freezing...or tipping it down, but feel like the tropics. It's a constant struggle. So a sleeveless jumper is your best bet. It's still warm, and you can easily throw a coat over it, but hopefully it won't cause you to overheat during this sporadic Indian Summer we're having. The little Miss Selfridge number is great - it's light colour brings out Hannah's lovely olive skin tone and shows off the fact that summer actually worked for her. I'm not bitter. 

Anyone who's read my blog before will know I love sport chic, so obviously I had to incorporate it into the shoot. I think I might be in love with the sweater, it's like wearing a brightly detailed hug. (I know this because I have since stolen it for myself...sorry Hannah). Sport chic is something I was keen to get Hannah into, as it's a look she doesn't necessarily wear that often - unless she's actually doing sport, which probably makes more sense. But she definitely pulls it off, from the scrunchie, homemade by Tara Scott, right down to her gym trainers. 

A big thanks to Hannah for being an excellent model!
Keep an eye out for her new video for 'Take Control', which will be released via her Youtube channel this Sunday (27th). And catch her at the World's End in Finsbury Park for the single launch on October 16th!

Hannah xx 

N.B I have not been talking about myself in third person this whole time. 



SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PREMIUM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig