An Ode to Brighton's Caffeine Obsession

Leave a Comment


A lot of people rave about Brighton. Why wouldn't they? It's a great place to live. It's got sea, occasional sunshine and it's the only place I know where the classic 90's sports of hula hooping and rollerskating are still very much alive. Oh, and you can't go 100 yards without passing somewhere that sells (usually great) coffee. Some might say this is a little excessive, but those people are obviously wrong.

Apparently, your average Brightonian will spend £177 per year on coffee...and I definitely didn't help the numbers by moving here. Even after 3 years, I am yet to make my way round every coffee shop in the town - but trust me, I'm trying. My personal fave at the moment is Pelicano. It's not too pricey, it's a lovely place to spend an hour or so and the coffee tastes great thanks to their Smokey Bird house blend. Even with soya milk - yep, I took the plunge and am now dairy free - it still tastes like normal coffee. Also, their cakes and treats always look incredible; my pal Cosmo said the brownies were the best in Brighton and he'd never lie about matters of such vital importance.

My personal caffeine obsession has increased tenfold since moving here, which is bad news for my health, bank account and Instagram followers - apologies guys. But if you're going to be a coffee fiend anywhere, Brighton's a pretty good place to start.

N.B other forms of hot beverage are available in the city. Caffeinated or otherwise.

Hannah xx
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PREMIUM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig