I'm not Wearing your Grandmother's Curtains

Leave a Comment




Kimono: Pull and Bear
Crop Top: Pull and Bear
Cigarette Trousers: TopShop
Hey! Haven't done one of these posts in a while - mainly because it turned out stocking up on the season's latest offerings on a weekly basis wasn't economically sustainable. Shocking. But I've done a bit of an autumn haul, which included this curtain...I mean this kimono. I'm really not used to wearing prints, but they're pretty hard to avoid right now - guess I'll just have to get used to it,

There are two key elements at play here - you can thank the 1970's revival for blurring the line between wallpaper patterns and fashion statements. But, equally, the oriental trend has covered the British high-street in intricately detailed clothing. So...this is the result; paisley print kimonos. If you like this kind of thing - and it's definitely growing on me - Pull and Bear have some really nice styles at the moment. They even have a matching skirt...but, in my mind, that's just overkill.

Personally, I think prints work best when paired with block or plain colours - one complements the other in such a way that both stand out. Covering yourself head-to-toe in paisley, a la the 1970's, is risky - and not only because the next time you visit your gran, you might blend in with the backdrop.

Anyway, I'm trying really hard to welcome the paisley into my wardrobe and, eventually, my heart...but it might be a difficult journey...*wipes tears of struggle away from face*

Don't worry. I'll pull through.

Hannah xx

P.s Thanks to Katie for the photos!
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PREMIUM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig