Andy Ruddy at the Boileroom 12/09/2015

Leave a Comment



Guys he's back! Honestly, I kid you not. Andy Ruddy is back in musical action and is still as brilliant as ever. I had the genuine pleasure of shooting him - not literally - at his Boileroom gig on Saturday night and it was so good to hear him live again. Whether it's the classic singer/songwriter set up of 'just me and my guitar' or with the backing of a band, this guy never fails to captivate a room.

It's always great to hear the classic Ruddy hits like 'This Great Day' and 'Boy' - both the kind of songs you have to try seriously hard to get bored of (give it a go, I dare you.) - but the new tracks he played are sounding fantastic. 'We Were Not To Know' and 'Time Won't Wait' are a nice lyrical contrast in the set list, almost acting as a more mature reflection on his earlier work. There was a kind of 'I used to think these things, but now I am a little older and think these things instead' dynamic, which worked really well.

His debut album is set to be released soon, and album 2 is already in the making - so stay alert, everyone.

Here are the relevant links you need:
Facebook || Twitter || Soundcloud

Hannah xx
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PREMIUM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig